As a medical software consultant, you will be responsible for the design, development, and verification of robust and innovative software for the healthcare and medical industries.
Experience in embedded software development and iOS apps is essential.
You will need to be a self-starter and can manage your own time and workload. You will need to have excellent communication skills, be able to build relationships with colleagues and contractors from across the organisation as well as clients and collaborators.
This role involves working on a range of projects, so it is suited for those who enjoy variety and can work flexibly.
As part of the role you are expected to:
- Support business development activities relevant to Team's software offering.
- Participate in Team's cross-discipline medical device product development projects - e.g. brainstorms, risk assessments, design development, design testing, sales meetings and presentations.
- Work as part of project teams to ensure Quality Management System requirements are met.
Qualifications & Skills
- Good degree, 2:1 or above in Software Engineering or Electronic Engineering.
- Experience in embedded software
- Experience and track record in developing iOS apps on mobile platforms.
- Experience in programming in C and/or C++.
- Experience in Swift and XCode.
- Experience in a scripting language such as Python.
- Experience of working within a regulated software development lifecycle including requirements capture, software architecture, detail design, implementation, and verification.
- Experience in creating software documentation.
- Experience in Android app development.
- Familiarity with Cloud Services from Azure and AWS.
- Familiarity working with hardware.
- Familiarity with the software medical development standard IEC 62304.
- Experience in wireless connectivity such as Bluetooth Low Energy, Wi-Fi, and NFC.
- Structured and methodical problem-solving ability.
- Excellent communication skills, including communicating to a range of technical and nontechnical audiences.
- Versatility to work effectively, on varied products across a range of clients, both independently and as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Excellent analytical ability, including data gathering, analysis and presentation of conclusions to the team.
- Understanding and experience of working to strict quality management systems.
- Experience of working for a medical device development company or consultancy.
- Ability to liaise with clients and suppliers, both technical and non-technical.
- Copes well with unexpected change, is flexible and calm under pressure.
- Good team player, including being aware of own limitations and of the strengths of others.
- Eager to continually learn and improve.
- Willingness to take responsibility and manage own time.
- Collaborative and actively shares own knowledge.
Team values equality, diversity and inclusion in employment and recruitment. We are committed to promoting equal opportunities and an inclusive community, where our talented people respect and value the contributions, skills and abilities of others.
We want our people to succeed on merit; treating individuals equally, including making decisions and providing encouragement and opportunities relating to recruitment, career development and retention in a fair and consistent manner.
Our aim is a workplace free from all forms of bullying, harassment or victimisation, and unlawful or unfair discrimination on the grounds of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, and marriage and civil partnerships.