You’ll take a leading UX design role on a broad range of challenging projects including drug delivery, diagnostics and surgical devices, working with designers, researchers, human factors, software and hardware engineers. The role will require you to:
- Think deeply about medical device and healthcare system interactions, getting to the core of issues and designing robust, useable and meaningful solutions
- Develop and communicate ideas based on insights gathered through research to users and clients utilising a diverse set of approaches
- Work from product strategy and vision, through concept development, prototyping to specification and production support
- Act as a user experience evangelist within diverse project teams
- Play an active role in continually improving our UX and UI design capabilities and systems
- Be obsessed with excellence, but pragmatic in delivering the best possible solution within time, budget and regulatory constraints
- You’ll take responsibility for your own activities on projects, contribute to proposal preparation and project planning, and will help support the development and communication of our digital design capability.
Qualifications & Skills
- Significant client-facing commercial design experience, most likely gained in a consulting or in-house design team
- Strong track record of designing simple, elegant user interfaces
- Great storytelling and sketching ability from quick communication to presentation standard
- Enthusiasm in taking ideas out to users and clients early and utilising a diverse set of approaches for creative problem solving
- Advanced understanding of user-centred design and user experience design – use case scenarios, system mapping, wireframes
- Rigorous attention to detail when crafting and specifying interaction flows and functional specifications
- Experience with digital design and prototyping tools – ideally Sketch and Adobe Creative Suite
- Excellent information design and experience working with UX copy
- Implementation support – participation in agile software development
- Experience across the full product development cycle
- Up to date knowledge of market trends, digital technologies and design tools
- Knowledge of design and user research
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Medical product development experience
- Experience designing for mobile and embedded platforms
- Postgraduate qualification in HCI, interaction design, user experience, psychology or similar
- Motion and animation skills.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with design, human factors, engineering and project management
- Strategic thinker with a track record of thought leadership for clients
- Excellent rounded communication skills – listening, verbal, written and presentation skills
- Flexible approach to work to allow for changes in project timelines and scope
- Maintain thorough knowledge of a range of concurrent projects
- Instinctively collaborative but also with an ability to work independently
- Actively sharing knowledge and information and supporting and developing others
- Commercially astute with experience supporting business development activities including sales meetings, proposal contributions, resource planning and estimating.
- Collaborative and responsive – you enjoy working with different personalities, technical and detail-oriented people as well as big thinkers and creative types
- Extreme attention to detail and aesthetic sensibilities
- Open to occasional travel
- You want to create a positive user experience for patients, caregivers and healthcare professionals
Team values equality, diversity and inclusion in employment and recruitment. We are committed to promoting equal opportunities and an inclusive community, where our talented people respect and value the contributions, skills and abilities of others.
We want our people to succeed on merit; treating individuals equally, including making decisions and providing encouragement and opportunities relating to recruitment, career development and retention in a fair and consistent manner.
Our aim is a workplace free from all forms of bullying, harassment or victimisation, and unlawful or unfair discrimination on the grounds of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, and marriage and civil partnerships.