Team Consulting is an employee-owned, award-winning device design and development consultancy. We focus solely on medical devices, supporting international clients from large pharmaceutical companies to start ups. As part of the electronics and software team, you will be working in our high-tech labs and workshop spaces which are set within our 13th Century barn in the Cambridge countryside, 5 mins from the M11.
Our clients come to us for all stages of medical device development. By combining our expertise and experience in design, engineering, and human factors, we help our clients develop medical devices from early concept through to commercial launch.
As a Senior Embedded Software Consultant you will be responsible for the design and development of robust and innovative products for the healthcare and medical industries.
Why you should join our growing software and electronics engineering team:
“The great thing about working in a place like Team is the variety of work and clients and the multidisciplinary nature of projects you get involved with. Sometimes you get to work in the early stages of the project or just help the client with the manufacturing of the product. I find it most rewarding to see a product through the whole development cycle, from initial concept stage to manufacture.” Stathis Louridas, Director of Systems, Team Consulting
What you will be doing:
- contributing to the whole product development lifecycle of medical devices containing software
- playing an active role in developing and supporting business development activities relevant to Team Consulting's software offering
- understanding and capturing clients’ needs and translating them into practical product requirements
- documenting software architecture and design
- keeping abreast of, and applying new technology into medical systems
- participating in Team Consulting's cross-discipline medical device product development projects e.g. brainstorms, risk assessments, design development, design testing, sales meetings and presentations
What we need from you:
- good degree, 2:1 or above in computer science or electronic engineering
- 8+ years’ experience and track record in developing embedded applications
- proven track record in winning and developing new business
- experience in programming in C and/or C++
- working knowledge of Python
- bare meta programming and using an RTOS
- appreciation of electronics design
Desirable but not essential
- familiarity with the software medical development standard IEC 62304
- experience in wireless connectivity such as Bluetooth Low Energy, Wi-Fi, and NFC
- embedded Linux experience
Team values equality, diversity and inclusion in employment and recruitment. We are committed to promoting equal opportunities and an inclusive community, where our talented people respect and value the contributions, skills and abilities of others.
We want our people to succeed on merit; treating individuals equally, including making decisions and providing encouragement and opportunities relating to recruitment, career development and retention in a fair and consistent manner.
Our aim is a workplace free from all forms of bullying, harassment or victimisation, and unlawful or unfair discrimination on the grounds of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, and marriage and civil partnerships.