Team Consulting are looking for a Project Manager who will be responsible for all aspects of our healthcare development programmes, from proposal planning activity to the budgeting stage, through to product delivery. Ensuring the projects delivered meet our clients’ needs and Team’s commercial expectations is the focus of this role.
Depending on the specific expertise of the project manager, there will also be an opportunity for technical contribution, as an advisor, consultant or technical reviewer to projects.
Qualifications & Skills
- A proven track record in the planning, control and delivery of a broad range of healthcare development projects
- In-depth experience of one or more phases of the product development process (i.e. from concept through to industrialisation and manufacture)
- Application and understanding of the requirements of key industry standards including ISO 13485, 14971 and 21CFR Part 820
- Capable of contributing to proposal preparation activity including:
- Evaluation of project risks
- Project planning and costing
- Experience in managing multi-disciplinary project teams (e.g. combining one or more of the following disciplines: mechanical engineering, electronics, software, industrial design, usability / human factors, device testing)
- Experience in conducting Environment, Health & Safety risk assessments and COSHH assessments as part of project activities
- Honours degree (or equivalent qualification / experience) in Science, Design or Engineering
- Knowledge of at least one of the following markets:
- Drug delivery (injectables, inhalation or drug packaging)
- Surgical / critical care
- Diagnostics instrumentation
- Experience of technical file management and submission
- Support for business development and / or sales activities
- Understanding of project management tools (e.g. MS Project)
- Familiar with the requirements of IEC 62304 and/or IEC 62366
Leadership / Consultancy Skills
- Excellent organisational , leadership and management skills
- Ability to collaborate effectively with colleagues, clients and sub-contractors, to achieve project goals
- Experience in technology and supplier assessment
- Structured and methodical problem solving; ability to conduct trade-off analyses
- Ability to develop long-term client relationships
- Willing to take responsibility and drive projects to a successful outcome
- Confident and with a positive and engaging communication style
- Possessing a personal style and professional/technical credibility which inspires confidence and gains the trust of clients and colleagues
- Respects others views, opinions and contributions, and supportive of colleagues
- Collaborates effectively; a good team player, aware of own limitations and recognising the strengths of others
- A self-starter who can manage their own time and workload, copes well with unexpected change; is flexible and calm under pressure
- Displays honesty and integrity at all times
- Shows an eagerness to continually learn and drive best practice
- Willing to travel, entertain clients and is well presented
Additional role requirements and working patterns
- Potential frequent travel both within the UK and overseas
- Part time hours will be considered, to a minimum of 3 working days per week
Team values equality, diversity and inclusion in employment and recruitment. We are committed to promoting equal opportunities and an inclusive community, where our talented people respect and value the contributions, skills, and abilities of others.
We want our people to succeed on merit, treating individuals equally, including making decisions and providing encouragement and opportunities relating to recruitment, career development and retention in a fair and consistent manner.
Our aim is a workplace free from all forms of bullying, harassment or victimisation, and unlawful or unfair discrimination on the grounds of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, and marriage and civil partnerships.