Role and Responsibilities
Team is seeking an experienced HR Advisor to collaborate with a broad group of colleagues to further develop policy, procedures and systems to maintain Team’s position as an engager of choice for contract resource. IR35 reforms have triggered an opportunity to further refine our business systems.
This is a project role, reporting to the HR Director, with responsibility for:
- Developing and implementing an efficient onboarding and off boarding procedure for contractors
- Process mapping and review of the existing approach to engaging contractors, agreeing recommendations for improvement including system/data management, and RACI proposal
- Finalising internal procedures for engaging contractors and facilitate updates to all related documentation, including Work Instructions and templates
- Working with the QA team to achieve compliance and efficiency for HRM aspects of our QMS
- Interim co-ordination of IR35 due diligence and compliance activities including co-ordination of external audit and setting up procedures for internal audit schedule
- Training needs assessment for different contractor types engaged and for colleagues facilitating their engagement
- Development and delivery of training to meet identified needs
- Facilitating a data protection assessment and implementing changes, if required.
Success in the role will require broad multi-disciplinary collaboration, broad business process competence and well-developed project management ability.
Qualifications and Skills
- Degree qualified or equivalent in a business related discipline
- Track record of successful performance as an HR Advisor with significant experience of engaging contractors (agency and self-employed), which could be through resource management or talent acquisition roles
- Knowledge of off payroll working implications for business, including engagements with a supply chain to manage e.g. employment business
- Confidence working with cross functional requirements e.g. contracts, procurement, quality, and an ability to assimilate these within solutions e.g. systems development, procedure drafting
- Experience in a professional service and/or project-based business, that is reliant on attracting shortage skills
- Experience of working within a QMS
- Ability to map business processes and document clear, well-structured procedures
- Significant experience of training needs assessment, design and delivery to a professional and intellectually capable audience
- Intermediate or Advanced user of Microsoft Office and confident user of business systems and tools
- CIPD Level 5 or 7 part or fully qualified
- Experience in a medical product design & development business
- Experience in a fast-developing SME
- Familiarity with SharePoint capabilities/solutions
- Instinctively collaborative and dependable
- Builds rapport and positive working relationships quickly
- Excellent communication skills – able to communicate complex information succinctly using a range of channels
- Enthusiastic with a positive outlook and solutions focus
- Pragmatic, seeks efficiencies and use of existing tools
- Self-sufficient and willing to take responsibility for own tasks
- Excellent attention to detail
- Aware of own limitations and knows when to ask for advice
- Resilient and calm under pressure
- Always shows integrity and honesty
- Respectful of others’ opinions and contributions
Additional Role Requirements and Working Patterns
Initially working remotely but with a possible transition to hybrid working (some office time) as the pandemic restrictions are lifted.
Contract term 4 months based on 37 hours per week however happy to consider part-time applicants from 22.5 hours upwards and contract term would be adjusted accordingly.
Team values equality, diversity and inclusion in employment and recruitment. We are committed to promoting equal opportunities and an inclusive community, where our talented people respect and value the contributions, skills, and abilities of others.
We want our people to succeed on merit, treating individuals equally, including making decisions and providing encouragement and opportunities relating to recruitment, career development and retention in a fair and consistent manner.
Our aim is a workplace free from all forms of bullying, harassment or victimisation, and unlawful or unfair discrimination on the grounds of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, and marriage and civil partnerships.