As the Events and PR Executive you will have responsibility for managing our relationship/activities with partnerships, publications, press and event organisers. This is a key decision-making role with scope for you to really make your mark.
This role is multi-faceted and one key aspect is managing our participation at events including exhibitions and presentations including budgeting. You will be responsible for coordinating and monitoring our external events whether these are face to face, or digital. Working with our Head of Marketing and other internal stakeholders you will coordinate the annual calendar of external events. This may include:
- Managing digital and face to face presence at events
- Maximising event attendance including: pre, during and post updates
- Managing speaking opportunities
- Organising exhibition equipment, staff attendance and marketing collateral at key events
- Liaising with external suppliers and partners to maximise the impact of each event
- This will include creating and managing our PR list, as well as actively searching for media opportunities to maximise exposure both on- and offline. Building on those key contacts to amplify coverage of our content in external publications
Other aspects of this role include managing our awards entries - organising and drafting submissions for award entries and creating supporting assets as required. This will include liaising with internal stakeholders to find and assess the suitability of potential projects, as well as proactively finding awards for us to enter.
All aspects of your work will include creating content for our website which could include writing engaging copy and creating compelling imagery to deliver “best in class” content. This may include blogs, press releases, editorials or articles.
Acting as a brand guardian, ensuring content and output is in line with objectives and tone of voice.
Additionally, leading on projects which cover the full marketing mix of activities; motivating and supporting staff to create content (articles, blogs, case studies) either themselves or through colleagues; liaise with external suppliers (design, logistics, printing, etc) to ensure projects are on course.
Digital Experience and Skills
- Exceptional at digital marketing which could include: LinkedIn, Twitter and DotDigital
- Experience with using a centralised contact relationship system for contact management, list building and reporting
- Experience in running events
- Experience with WordPress as a content management system
- Uploading and creating of gifs and videos
- Experienced in hosting digital events on several digital platforms
General Marketing Skills
- Experience and solid background in the full marketing mix, including; events, copy writing and design
- A skilled design eye and attention to detail – noticing the critical details and ensuring compliance with best practice
- Capable of driving major marketing initiatives, including keeping projects on track and using feedback from many stakeholders to inform direction
- Passionate to always deliver the best possible marketing output. We strive to be market leading
- Skilled in Photoshop and photography
- Three plus years’ experience in B2B marketing
- Experience in life sciences/medical/pharmaceutical or a relevant subject
- Experience of marketing within a product development and/or consultancy organisation
- Proactive with the ability to drive their own projects through to completion
- Passionate about marketing and creative in approach. Driven and ambitious to continually improve, challenge and develop oneself and surrounding colleagues
- Able to present their own perspectives and opinions – challenging the status quo
- Organised with a methodical approach and ability to juggle multiple projects
- Adept at working in a fast-paced environment
- Able to work collaboratively with a range of colleagues, supporting and encouraging their input and ideas to create compelling marketing content
- A good degree (2.1 or above)
- Relevant work experience of 3+ years
- CIM Advanced Certificate or Diploma
Team values equality, diversity and inclusion in employment and recruitment. We are committed to promoting equal opportunities and an inclusive community, where our talented people respect and value the contributions, skills and abilities of others.
We want our people to succeed on merit; treating individuals equally, including making decisions and providing encouragement and opportunities relating to recruitment, career development and retention in a fair and consistent manner.
Our aim is a workplace free from all forms of bullying, harassment or victimisation, and unlawful or unfair discrimination on the grounds of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, and marriage and civil partnerships.