Page last updated on October 6th, 2021 —
What are cookies?
A cookie is a file that is stored on your computer when you visit a website. Most websites use them and they are generally harmless. When you revisit the website later or visit a different webpage a copy of the cookie file is sent to the website.
They can be used to store information and have many uses. With the most common being tracking, remembering your details or settings, and to keep you logged in to an account. The two main types of cookies are for analytics and functionality.
- Analytics cookies: Analytics cookies help us understand how you use Our Site, for example, how efficiently you are able to navigate around it, and what features you use. These cookies enable us to gather this information, helping us to improve Our Site and your experience of it.
- Advertising cookies: Advertising cookies help us track your engagement with social services and personalise content and advertisements.
- Functionality cookies: Functionality cookies enable us to provide additional functions to you on Our Site such as personalisation and remembering your saved preferences.
What cookies do we use and why?
Here is a list of cookies we use on our site:
- WordPress: wp-settings-time-3
These cookies verify who you are and check if you are logged in to the site or not. Click here for more information from WordPress
- Google Analytics: __utma, __utmb, __utmc, __utmv, __utmz,_gat,_ga,_gid,_gat
These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our site. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the site. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited. If Google Analytics is deployed via Google Tag Manager, the _gat cookie will be named _dc_gtm_property-id. Click here for more information from Google
- Dot digital: __cfduid, dm_i recordID,sessionID,dm_i, Survey-X, Survey-Started-X,X-Dismissed, X-Completed, lpformX, LP-X, dm-subscriber, _recordID, dmSessionID.
These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our site. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the site. The cookies also help us to customise our marketing. Click here for more information from Dot digital
- Hotjar:_hjClosedSurveyInvites, _hjDonePolls, _hjMinimizedPolls, _hjShownFeedbackMessage, _hjid, _hjRecordingLastActivity, _hjTLDTest, _hjUserAttributesHash, _hjCachedUserAttributes, _hjLocalStorageTest, _hjIncludedInPageviewSample, _hjIncludedInSessionSample, _hjAbsoluteSessionInProgress, _hjFirstSeen
These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use and navigate our site. We use the information to compile heatmaps to help us improve user experience on the website. The cookies collect information without personally identifying anyone. Click here for more information about Hotjar.
- Linkedin: bscookie, bcookie, lang, lidc, UserMatchHistory, AnalyticsSyncHistory, li_gc
These cookies are used to collect information to understand our audience, personalise content and measure advertising performance. Click here for more information about Linkedin cookies.
I’ve identified a cookie not listed above
As our website uses a content management system and added third-party plugins it can sometimes be difficult for us to notice every single cookie being used, especially after software updates. If you do notice a cookie that slips past us or have a question about cookies then please contact us.
Team Consulting Ltd Abbey Barns, Duxford Road Ickleton, Cambridge CB10 1SX UK Tel: +44 (0)1799 532700 Email: email@example.com
How can I disable or block cookies?
Internet browsers normally accept cookies by default. You can change these settings if you wish, however please be aware that this is not generally a per-site setting and will prevent all websites from using cookies, not just ours.