Driven by a desire to make a real difference to the future of healthcare, we work with our clients to push the envelope of what can be achieved through good design. Digital products and services are becoming increasingly relevant and we’re taking on UX challenges where the digital and physical worlds collide. This is an exciting opportunity to work with a creative and dynamic team who are crafting intuitive and engaging user experiences for patients, caregivers and healthcare professionals.
From product vision through implementation, you will work closely with designers, researchers, engineers, and project managers, collaborating with some of the biggest and most innovative companies in the medical devices industry - including drug delivery, surgical and diagnostics. You will have meticulous attention to detail and the ability to quickly grasp and distill complex user mindsets, tasks, and workflows into clean, understandable solutions. The role will include a lot of interaction with clients and will take you to interesting locations around the world, as well as providing genuine opportunities to grow both as a designer and more broadly as a consultant.
Role and responsibilities
You’ll take a leading UX design role on a broad range of challenging projects including drug delivery, diagnostics and surgical devices, working with designers, researchers, human factors, software and hardware engineers. The role will require you to:
- Think deeply about medical device and healthcare system interactions, getting to the core of issues and designing robust, useable and meaningful solutions
- Develop and communicate ideas based on insights gathered through research to users and clients utilising a diverse set of approaches
- Work from product strategy and vision, through concept development, prototyping to specification and production support
- Act as a user experience evangelist within diverse project teams
- Play an active role in continually improving our UX and UI design capabilities and systems
- Be obsessed with excellence, but pragmatic in delivering the best possible solution within time, budget and regulatory constraints.
- You’ll take responsibility for your own activities on projects, contribute to proposal preparation and project planning, and will help support the development and communication of our digital design capability.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Significant client facing commercial design experience, most likely gained in a consulting or in-house design team
- Strong track record of designing simple, elegant user interfaces
- Great storytelling and sketching ability from quick communication to presentation standard
- Enthusiasm in taking ideas out to users and clients early and utilising a diverse set of approaches to creative problem solving
- Advanced understanding of user-centred design and user experience design – use case scenarios, system mapping, wireframes
- Rigorous attention to detail when crafting and specifying interaction flows and functional specifications
- Experience with digital design and prototyping tools – ideally Sketch and Adobe Creative Suite
- Excellent information design and experience working with UX copy
- Implementation support – participation in agile software development
- Experience across the full product development cycle
- Up to date knowledge of market trends, digital technologies and design tools
- Knowledge of design and user research.
- Medical product development experience
- Experience designing for mobile and embedded platforms
- Postgraduate qualification in HCI, interaction design, user experience, psychology or similar
- Motion and animation skills.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with design, human factors, engineering and project management
- Strategic thinker with a track record of thought leadership for clients
- Excellent rounded communication skills – listening, verbal, written and presentation skills
- Flexible approach to work to allow for changes in project timelines and scope
- Maintain thorough knowledge of a range of concurrent projects
- Instinctively collaborative but also with an ability to work independently
- Actively sharing knowledge and information and supporting and developing others
- Commercially astute with experience supporting business development activities including sales meetings, proposal contributions, resource planning and estimating.
- Collaborative and responsive – you enjoy working with different personalities, technical and detail-oriented people as well as big thinkers and creative types
- Extreme attention to detail and aesthetic sensibilities
- Open to occasional travel
- You want to create a positive user experience for patients, caregivers and healthcare professionals.