- Are you a creative problem solver, but with a keen eye for detail?
- Are you hands-on and practical, with an interest in how things work?
- Do you believe in making decisions based on real evidence?
- Do you enjoy variety and seek continuous development?
- Do you want to learn from colleagues with a breadth of technical experience?
If this is you, then Team Consulting might have the perfect role for you.
As a Test Technician you would join Team’s group of talented and experienced medical device testing experts. Team manages a diverse portfolio of client projects, many of which include developing and testing products such as injection and inhaler devices. We work in a highly regulated industry, which requires us to perform rigorous work to the highest standards, as well as posing interesting challenges.
We are looking for candidates who can apply creative problem-solving skills in a focused and methodical way in our laboratories and workshops.
Initially, this role will perform test work according to established test methods and protocols, but as your experience and understanding of medical devices develops, you will also be involved in developing and validating new test approaches. It is an exciting time to join our Device Testing group as our onsite laboratory and workshop facilities are rapidly expanding and improving to meet the needs of our growing business.
This role is predominantly based in our laboratories and workshops at Team’s site near Cambridge, UK.
During the Covid-19 pandemic, Team has instigated alternate working practices as the safety and wellbeing of our staff is paramount. We have a dedicated team to help ensure our site remains Covid-secure and staff are supported in either working on site or from home.
The interview process is likely to be conducted by video call (e.g. Microsoft Teams).
Role and Responsibilities
The role will report to our Device Testing Project Manager and will work as part of client project teams to support hands-on testing of medical devices. They will be a key user of Team’s test labs and workshops.
- Providing hands-on testing support to client project teams to enable Team to deliver on medical device development and testing milestones.
- Techanical and functional testing of medical devices at all stages of the development process, from early concept through to formal validation and verification. Device testing typically includes physical and environmental stress conditioning, detailed inspections, physical dimensional measurements, force and torque testing.
- Following health and safety procedures and guidelines to ensure safe working with hazardous chemicals and pharmaceutical formulations.
- Producing consistently high standard of test work in accordance with project requirements.
- Producing test data analysis and interpretation, and presenting findings to the project team.
- Supporting the project team with document preparation in accordance with project requirements e.g. test methods, test protocols, and reports.
Qualifications and Skills
- Ability to follow detailed protocols and perform test work according to strict quality requirements.
- Ability to assist with performing and documenting experiments.
- Ability to uphold Health and Safety practices and policies
- Prior experience of working in a test laboratory or workshop.
- Good understanding of good laboratory principles as described by GxP.
- Prior experience of conducting testing of physical / mechanical properties and function of products.
- Experience of working within a medical product testing laboratory.
- Good relevant degree or equivalent experience.
- Experienced in handling potentially hazardous pharmaceutical formulations, reagents, or chemicals.
- Conscientious and motivated, with an eagerness to continuously learn
- Adaptable to changing priorities, being dependable and calm under pressure
- Proven ability to deliver to tight deadlines
- Practical and hands-on whilst using good common sense
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal
- Effective time management, with the ability to work collaboratively as part of a team
- Methodical approach to tasks, with an eye for detail
Team values equality, diversity and inclusion in employment and recruitment. We are committed to promoting equal opportunities and an inclusive community, where our talented people respect and value the contributions, skills, and abilities of others.
We want our people to succeed on merit, treating individuals equally, including making decisions and providing encouragement and opportunities relating to recruitment, career development and retention in a fair and consistent manner.
Our aim is a workplace free from all forms of bullying, harassment or victimisation, and unlawful or unfair discrimination on the grounds of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, and marriage and civil partnerships.