Working as part of our Facilities Management team, you will work closely with the Senior Receptionist and provide effective central administration support. The role will be varied and will evolve with the business so the successful candidate must have a can-do attitude and thrive in a busy, changing environment.
You will work closely with the Senior Receptionist, Facilities and EHS teams and your responsibilities will be a mix of the following:
To provide a seamless and effective Reception service, including:
- Maintaining a professional and well-presented front-of-house service to all visitors.
- First point of contact for incoming calls – redirecting incoming calls, taking messages and emailing intended recipient.
- Organising visitor badges, security and access passes for visitors, new employees, agency worker and associates – and ensuring deactivation of access passes when appropriate.
- Booking and arranging meeting rooms and ensuring meeting room facilities are clean, tidy and ready for use.
- Receiving, logging and distributing incoming post and deliveries to the site, and sending outgoing post, including management of goods-in area.
- Arranging couriers as and when required.
- Assisting with staff wellbeing initiatives such as ordering of flowers and cards and ordering supplies for staff social events.
- Providing an effective handover with external out of hours security services, ensuring all contact details and records are maintained.
Facilities administration and support
- Water testing.
- Fire alarm testing and Fire Officer role.
- Lone worker pager testing.
- Imports and Exports administration.
- Stock taking and purchasing of stationery, DSE equipment, lab equipment and milk/food.
- Ensuring communal areas e.g. kitchens, are kept clean, tidy and fully stocked.
- Cleaning and maintenance of coffee machines.
- Assisting the Facilities team with Health and Safety matters and administration, and issuing Permits to Work and NDAs.
- Part of the onsite First Aid team
- Manual Handling duties as required.
- Covering Facilities roles as and when required.
- Assisting with new starters / leavers processes.
- Scheduling and administering companywide employee initiatives.
You will be located in our Reception area and, along with your core duties, you may be asked to support other administrative or similar tasks that are considered reasonable.
Qualifications and Skills
- Previous experience in a customer facing role.
- Experience of answering, screening and effectively directing external telephone calls, professionally and calmly.
- Experience of following a variety of general administrative procedures.
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail – able to plan and prioritise own workload, multi-task and achieve deadlines.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with high awareness of audience.
- Good level of academic achievement to GCSE.
- Competent user of Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Numerate and familiar with basic financial documentation e.g. purchase orders, invoices.
- Previous administration experience in a consulting or professional services environment.
- Qualified First Aider
- Tracking and recording who is on site for H&S, fire register and security reasons.
- Experience using Microsoft Teams.
- Well presented, polite and approachable, with a professional telephone manner.
- Enthusiastic and resourceful with a flexible approach and ‘can do‘ attitude.
- Happy to work as part of a team or independently.
- Reliable and punctual.
- Shows integrity and maintains confidentiality.
- Enjoys customer interaction and providing a high level of service to the business.
Additional role requirements and working patterns
- Manual handling
- 12 month fixed term contract
- This role will be full-time with hours of work between 08.15-16.45 Monday to Friday, with a 1 hour unpaid lunch break.
Team values equality, diversity and inclusion in employment and recruitment. We are committed to promoting equal opportunities and an inclusive community, where our talented people respect and value the contributions, skills and abilities of others.
We want our people to succeed on merit; treating individuals equally, including making decisions and providing encouragement and opportunities relating to recruitment, career development and retention in a fair and consistent manner.
Our aim is a workplace free from all forms of bullying, harassment or victimisation, and unlawful or unfair discrimination on the grounds of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, and marriage and civil partnerships.