Team is looking for a Senior Technician to join our Device Testing group, working on a wide variety of medical and drug delivery devices. You will report to the Device Testing Project Manager and work within internal project teams to provide testing expertise of medical devices. You will be a key user of Team’s test labs and workshops; and also support the preparation and review of test documents. As an expert in testing, you will present your findings to clients.
- Test method development and functional testing at all stages of the development process, from early concept through to verification. This typically includes physical and environmental stress conditioning, detailed inspections, physical dimensional measurements, force and torque testing.
- Support project teams in planning and delivering test work. This could include some supervision of colleagues or contractors where necessary.
- Produce high quality test data and, interpret and present findings to the project team and client.
- Prepare technical documentation in accordance with project requirements, e.g. test methods, test protocols and reports with reference to all appropriate medical device regulations and standards.
- Support change through training and adoption of best practices.
- Contribute to technical investigations, including non-conformances.
- Liaise with 3rd party suppliers.
- Uphold health and safety procedures and guidelines for safe working with hazardous chemicals and pharmaceutical formulations.
Qualifications and Skills
- Extensive experience in authoring detailed protocols and performing high quality test work
- Experience of working in a medical or drug delivery device testing programme
- Knowledge of test methodologies for functions of medical or drug delivery devices
- Proficiency in the use of data analysis tools and statistical analysis
- Track record in developing complex or novel testing methodologies
- Structured and methodical problem-solving approach
- Detailed understanding of ISO standards and industry guidance for medical devices testing
- Working knowledge of quality management systems, including cGxP and ALCOA principles of data management and integrity
- A relevant degree or equivalent experience
- Working knowledge of test method and equipment / verification, validation (e.g. techniques and best practices for Gauge R&R, IQ/OQ/PQ, FAT, SAT)
- Experience using Minitab statistical software
Leadership / Consultancy Skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills to technical and non-technical audiences, including clients
- Versatility to work diligently and effectively as part of several projects
- Proactively critically review and challenge the status quo if necessary and provide alternative pathways for debate
- Experience of working in a consulting environment
- Proactive and effective in managing own time, with the ability to work collaboratively as part of a team
- Conscientious and motivated, with an eagerness to teach and learn
- Methodical approach to tasks, with an eye for detail
- Dependable and calm under pressure
- Determination and dynamism to drive complex issues through to successful conclusion
- Respectful of others’ views, opinions and contributions
Additional Role Requirements and Working Patterns
- Onsite work required
Team values equality, diversity and inclusion in employment and recruitment. We are committed to promoting equal opportunities and an inclusive community, where our talented people respect and value the contributions, skills, and abilities of others.
We want our people to succeed on merit, treating individuals equally, including making decisions and providing encouragement and opportunities relating to recruitment, career development and retention in a fair and consistent manner.
Our aim is a workplace free from all forms of bullying, harassment or victimisation, and unlawful or unfair discrimination on the grounds of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, and marriage and civil partnerships.