Team Consulting is an employee-owned, award-winning device design and development consultancy. We focus solely on medical devices, supporting international clients from large pharmaceutical companies to start ups. As part of the engineering team, you will be working in our high-tech labs and workshop spaces which are set within our 13th Century barn in the Cambridge countryside, 5 mins from the M11.
Our clients come to us for all stages of medical device development. By combining our expertise and experience in design, engineering, and human factors, we help our clients develop medical devices from early concept through to commercial launch.
We are looking for a Mechanical Engineering Consultant to design devices for medium and high-volume manufacture, ideally in the medical device industry.
Why you should join our growing Mechanical Engineering team:
“Team Consulting is a fantastic place to work, every project has mechanical engineering at its heart. I think it’s great to have the medical focus and Team also brings a huge wealth of usability experience which plays a big part in developing successful products.” Matt Chandler, Head of Mechanical Engineering, Team Consulting
What you will be doing:
- taking the technical leadership of device development programmes, helping the team deliver against client and company project objectives
- supporting colleagues in the application and development of their skills and experience, especially of the more junior members of staff, both within the mechanical engineering teams and across other groups
- taking a lead when interacting with clients, while building trusting and lasting relationships with them
- supporting business development opportunities, through networking, representing the company externally, and leading or contributing to proposals
- managing projects or packages of work, including collaborating with colleagues, contractors and clients.
Depending on your specific expertise and breadth of experience, there will also be scope for technical contributions on a range of projects, in a capacity of advisor, consultant or technical reviewer.
Qualifications & Skills
What we need from you:
- significant experience in healthcare and medical products or a similar highly regulated industry
- proven track record in the design and development of robust, reliable, innovative medical products and devices, from concept to production, in a device manufacturing or consultancy environment
- detailed design and analysis of components, mechanisms and assemblies including for high volume manufacture
- knowledge and experience of a broad range of manufacturing processes and control
- Mechanical Engineering degree or equivalent suitable engineering experience
- CAE (FEA, CFD, dynamics/motion analysis, math modelling)
- experience within a technical consultancy
- track record of mentoring/people development
- experience in systems engineering including design, definition and testing of electromechanical systems and sub-systems
- experience in managing the industrialisation of devices through high-speed automated assembly processes
- good understanding of the drug delivery market
- application and understanding of key industry standards and regulations including ISO 13485, 14971, 21CFR Part 820
- proficient in the use of Solidworks and/or Pro E
If you're interested in applying, please submit a covering letter telling us why you'd like to work at Team, highlighting your skills and experience.
Team values equality, diversity and inclusion in employment and recruitment. We are committed to promoting equal opportunities and an inclusive community, where our talented people respect and value the contributions, skills, and abilities of others.
We want our people to succeed on merit, treating individuals equally, including making decisions and providing encouragement and opportunities relating to recruitment, career development and retention in a fair and consistent manner.
Our aim is a workplace free from all forms of bullying, harassment or victimisation, and unlawful or unfair discrimination on the grounds of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, and marriage and civil partnerships.