Team Consulting is an award-winning device development consultancy solely focused on supporting our international clients in the field of medical device and healthcare products. We are an Employee-Owned Trust and are 100% medical focussed. You will work in our high-tech labs and workshops which are set alongside our 17th Century barn in the heart of Ickleton, just outside central Cambridge, but still just 5 mins from J10 of the M11.
From large pharma companies, to start-ups, our clients come to us for all stages of medical device development. By combining our expertise and experience in design, engineering, and human factors, we help our clients develop medical devices from early concept through to commercial launch.
The Senior Applied Science Consultant will join our team to help strengthen the core understanding that underpins our development of medical devices.
Why you should join our growing team of applied scientists:
- You will play a key role and will be a decision maker in developing our applied science capabilities to respond to the fast-growing demand we are receiving in this area
- The requests we are receiving are varied, and often state-of-the art. They are intellectually stimulating and provide ample opportunity for complex problem solving and constant learning
- You will hold leadership and responsibility roles in developing business opportunities
What you will be doing:
- Providing technical leadership and expertise to drive and support the development of cutting-edge medical technologies across our key sectors: diagnostics, surgery, drug delivery and MedTech.
- Engaging with our clients and their scientific staff to support the commercial development of sales opportunities
- Contributing to promoting our applied science capabilities both internally and externally through content writing (e.g., blogs, articles, knowledge sharing presentations) and by advising on internal capability development initiatives
- Growing and promoting our applied science capabilities both internally and externally, e.g., through external marketing content generation, attendance at relevant conferences and events, advising on internal development initiatives etc
Qualifications and Skills
What we need from you:
- A good degree, 2:1 or above, in Science or Engineering, or equivalent experience
- Substantial experience in a research and development environment
- A strong theoretical and practical experience in science, specifically one or more of: optics, electrochemical sensors, magnetics, acoustics, biochemistry, microfluidics, data science.
- Credibility and experience leading and supporting stakeholders throughout the project development cycle, based on a strong track record
Desirable but not essential:
- Advanced studies in applied science (Masters or PhD)
- Experience of working within an ISO13485 environment or similar
- ISO14971 familiarity
- Medical device regulatory experience (EU or FDA)
Team values equality, diversity and inclusion in employment and recruitment. We are committed to promoting equal opportunities and an inclusive community, where our talented people respect and value the contributions, skills, and abilities of others.
We want our people to succeed on merit, treating individuals equally, including making decisions and providing encouragement and opportunities relating to recruitment, career development and retention in a fair and consistent manner.Our aim is a workplace free from all forms of bullying, harassment or victimisation, and unlawful or unfair discrimination on the grounds of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, and marriage and civil partnerships.