Team Consulting is an employee-owned, award-winning device design and development consultancy. We focus solely on medical devices, supporting international clients from large pharmaceutical companies to start ups. As part of the facilities management team, you will be working within our 13th Century barn in the Cambridge countryside, 5 mins from the M11.
We are looking for a Receptionist/Administrator on a 10-month fixed term contract.
Hours are 9am-5.30pm on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and 8am-4.30pm on Thursday, Friday with a degree of flexibility to cover holidays etc.
The role will be varied and will evolve with the business so the successful candidate must have a can-do attitude and thrive in a busy, changing environment.
What you'll be doing:
- providing a seamless and effective reception service, including:
- being the first point of contact for calls and redirecting them, taking messages and emailing the intended recipient
- organising security and access passes for visitors and new employees – ensuring deactivation of these passes when appropriate
- booking and arranging meeting rooms and ensuring meeting room facilities are clean, tidy and ready for use.
- providing refreshments and ordering lunches for client meetings
- undertaking facilities administration and support, including:
- day to day management and stocking of the social area including purchasing of dry goods/food stock
- raising purchase orders and associated administration
- cleaning and maintaining coffee machines
- assisting the facilities team with health and safety matters, checks and administration, issuing permits to work and NDAs
- assisting on the quality administration side of business operations including documentation control, archiving records, maintaining the QMS index and maintaining the QMS and EHS training matrix
What we need from you:
- previous experience in a customer-facing role
- experience of answering, screening and effectively directing external telephone calls, professionally and calmly
- strong written and verbal communication skills, with high awareness of audience
- excellent organisational skills and attention to detail – able to plan and prioritise own workload, multi-task and achieve deadlines
- proficient in using MS Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint, and SharePoint would also be useful
- Willingness to learn and take on new tasks as the role evolves
- understanding of using controlled documentation (i.e version control, roles of author/ reviewer/ approver).
If you're interested in applying, please submit a covering letter telling us why you'd like to work at Team and highlighting your skills and experience.
Team values equality, diversity and inclusion in employment and recruitment. We are committed to promoting equal opportunities and an inclusive community, where our talented people respect and value the contributions, skills and abilities of others.
We want our people to succeed on merit; treating individuals equally, including making decisions and providing encouragement and opportunities relating to recruitment, career development and retention in a fair and consistent manner.
Our aim is a workplace free from all forms of bullying, harassment or victimisation, and unlawful or unfair discrimination on the grounds of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, and marriage and civil partnerships.