Team Consulting is one of the world’s best multi-disciplinary device development consultancies, solely focussed on supporting our international clients in the field of medical device and healthcare products.
As a medical software consultant, you will be responsible for the design and development of robust and innovative products for the healthcare and medical industries.
You will need to be a self-starter, able to manage your own time and workload. You will have excellent communication skills and be able to build relationships with colleagues and contractors from across the organisation as well as clients and collaborators.
This role involves working on a range of projects, so it is suited to individuals who enjoy variety of work and can work flexibly.
As part of the role, you are expected to:
- Contribute to the whole product development lifecycle of medical devices containing software
- Support business development activities relevant to Team's software offering
- Understand and capture clients’ needs and translating them into practical product requirements
- Document software architecture and design
- Keep abreast of and applying new technology into medical systems
- Participate in Team's cross-discipline medical device product development projects - e.g. brainstorms, risk assessments, design development, design testing, sales meetings and presentations
Qualifications and Skills
- Good degree, 2:1 or above in Computer Science or Electronic Engineering
- 3+ years’ experience and track record in developing embedded applications
- Experience in programming in C and/or C++
- Working knowledge of Python
- Bare meta programming and using an RTOS
- Appreciation of electronics design
- Familiarity with the software medical development standard IEC 62304
- Experience in wireless connectivity such as Bluetooth Low Energy, Wi-Fi, and NFC
- Embedded Linux experience
Leadership / Consultancy Skills
- Structured and methodical problem-solving ability
- Excellent communication skills, including communicating to a range of technical and nontechnical audiences
- Versatility to work effectively on varied products across a range of clients, both independently and as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Excellent analytical ability, including data gathering, analysis and presentation of conclusions to the team
- Understanding and experience of working to strict quality management systems
- Experience of working for a medical device development company or consultancy
- Experience and skills to liaise with clients and suppliers, both technical and non-technical
- Copes well with unexpected change, is flexible and calm under pressure
- Good team player, including being aware of own limitations and of the strengths of others
- Eager to continually learn and improve
- Willingness to take responsibility and manage own time
- Collaborative and actively shares own knowledge
Team values equality, diversity and inclusion in employment and recruitment. We are committed to promoting equal opportunities and an inclusive community, where our talented people respect and value the contributions, skills and abilities of others.
We want our people to succeed on merit; treating individuals equally, including making decisions and providing encouragement and opportunities relating to recruitment, career development and retention in a fair and consistent manner.
Our aim is a workplace free from all forms of bullying, harassment or victimisation, and unlawful or unfair discrimination on the grounds of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, and marriage and civil partnerships.