Team Consulting is the largest medical device design consultancy in Europe, with over 130 employees working in 6 key sectors: drug delivery, MedTech, diagnostics, surgical, consumer health and connected health. We work closely with both start-ups and multinationals to develop innovative and award-winning devices that meet regulatory requirements. We can work at any stage of medical device development, from concept generation to industrialisation. Above all, we believe it is the way that we work with our clients that is key to our success.
You will work in our beautiful 13th Century barn in the heart of Ickleton, just outside central Cambridge, but still just 5 mins from J10 of the M11.
We are looking for an Intern to join us for a period of 12 weeks in Summer 2023.
As an intern you will be expected to contribute to our business (not to make the tea!). You’ll tackle real world projects that will be presented to our clients and you’ll have the opportunity to apply your knowledge to a variety of medical device development projects. Working within the mechanical engineering group you will be supported and develop technical skills throughout your internship.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS IS MIDNIGHT, 15TH JANUARY 2023.
What you'll be doing:
Tasks and activities will depend on current projects but typically include:
- Concept generation
- Problem solving/troubleshooting
- 3D and 2D CAD design
- Math modelling and analysis
- Making prototypes, testing them and communicating findings to the Technical Lead and Project Manager
- Test rig programming
- Component and assembly testing
- Generation of presentation material
- Report writing
This is what one of our interns had to say about their time with us this year:
"I quickly became an integral part of my project team and had the freedom to design my own models, test them in the lab and then present my findings to clients once a week".
What we need from you:
- A tailored cover letter, telling us why you'd like the opportunity to work at Team
- There are 2 questions we would like you to answer, so please think about what makes you a good candidate, and also which project inspires you the most, from our website, and why.
- A demonstrable interest for healthcare and medical products
- Studying a relevant engineering degree - a 2nd or 3rd year student
- Strong technical and research skills
- 3D and 2D CAD ( ideally Solidworks or Creo)
- Medical device modules forming part of degree
- Computational Fluid Dynamics
- Finite Element Analysis ( linear and non-linear) using ANSYS
- Mathematical modelling ( e.g using Mathcad, MATLAB, Excel)
Team values equality, diversity and inclusion in employment and recruitment. We are committed to promoting equal opportunities and an inclusive community, where our talented people respect and value the contributions, skills, and abilities of others.
We want our people to succeed on merit, treating individuals equally, including making decisions and providing encouragement and opportunities relating to recruitment, career development and retention in a fair and consistent manner.
Our aim is a workplace free from all forms of bullying, harassment or victimisation, and unlawful or unfair discrimination on the grounds of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, and marriage and civil partnerships.