We’re looking for more talented designers to join us in the studio.
Driven by a desire to make a real difference to the future of healthcare, we work with our clients to push the thinking of what can be achieved through good design. We strive to create the ultimate user experiences in the products we develop, whilst having a deep understanding of the real-world issues faced when developing products for the medical industry. Our work regularly wins awards and is recognised globally for the impact it is having. The demand for our services continues to grow so we need to expand our team.
It goes without saying that you’ll need to have great design skills. But what we are really looking for is the ability to identify and solve problems; to quickly get to the nub of an issue and enjoy thinking it through; to come up with perspectives that others might miss and to tell the story in a compelling way.
Much of the work we do today spans product, packaging, information and digital design.
So in addition to a strong background in Industrial design - experience working in across different media would be desirable.
You’ll need to have meticulous attention to detail and enjoy justifying your design decisions – you will be responsible for developing user-focused solutions working alongside our innovation specialists, digital UX/UI designers, human factors and engineering teams on projects with some of the biggest and most innovative companies in the Medtech and Pharma industries - including drug delivery, surgical, diagnostics and critical care.
The role will include a lot of interaction with clients and will take you to exciting locations around the globe as well as providing genuine opportunities to grow both as a designer and more broadly as a consultant.
If you think this sounds like you, we want to hear from you – oh, and we’ll want you to demonstrate this through a great portfolio – so please send your CV, portfolio and a covering letter including why you think you’d be a good fit via the link below. We look forward to seeing your work.
More about the job
Reporting to our Director of Design, you will:
- Push the thinking on what can be achieved through good design
- Deliver high-quality design work and lead design activities across range of exciting and challenging projects
- Participate in early discussions with our clients - relating to new business development opportunities and sell-on within existing programs
- Contribute to proposal activities, including planning, budgeting, and client liaison
- Contribute to thought leadership articles and presentations through our various marcoms activities, publication and events
You’ll have a passion for the value of design and innovation and the personality and communication skills to convince others. You will help us drive the development of our offering and reputation, and in return you will be given the opportunity to develop your career across a broad range of exciting projects for an international client base.
Qualifications and skills
- Track record of relevant medical product design experience working for an established consultancy or in-house design team, working on projects that take a high level of discipline and rigour
- Industrial Design / Product Design degree or equivalent
- Broad experience across a range of activities, including opportunity mapping and analysis, concept generation, interaction design, visualisation, packaging, visual language, design for manufacture
- A portfolio that evidences your design credentials
- An ability to quickly assess design challenges and provide simple, elegant solutions
- Excellent 3D CAD skills (Solidworks and/or Creo)
- Strong visualisation skills including freehand sketching, illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop & Keyshot
- Experience of undertaking direction setting, design strategy, insight research projects
- Prior experience in digital UX/UI, information and packaging design
- Open minded, can spot opportunities that others might miss and can tell the story in a compelling way
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills, across listening, verbal, written and visual presentation
- Demonstrates good logic in thinking where all design decisions are justified
- Commercially aware
- A real passion to “improve things” through design
- Confidence and self-belief but not arrogance
- Sound judgement, even under pressure
- Takes ownership for areas of responsibility
- Flexibility and willingness to fulfil a range of project roles
- Shows initiative, is energetic and positive
- Honesty and integrity
Additional role requirements
- Regular travel both within the UK and overseas
Team values equality, diversity and inclusion in employment and recruitment. We are committed to promoting equal opportunities and an inclusive community, where our talented people respect and value the contributions, skills, and abilities of others.
We want our people to succeed on merit, treating individuals equally, including making decisions and providing encouragement and opportunities relating to recruitment, career development and retention in a fair and consistent manner.
Our aim is a workplace free from all forms of bullying, harassment or victimisation, and unlawful or unfair discrimination on the grounds of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, and marriage and civil partnerships.