Role and Responsibilities
Team Consulting is an internationally renowned medical development consultancy based in the UK. This role is an exciting opportunity for a Graduate to play a part in shaping our ambitious future.
You will join a motivated team of professionals and be trained to use the latest tools and techniques, delivery projects for a range of international clients. Working as part of our Electronics and Software team, you will provide input on a range of product developments, from concept to production, in the healthcare and life science industries.
- Working in multi-disciplinary project teams to generate innovative product designs
- Working with the project team to rapidly diagnose problems and present potential solutions
- Communication of findings and ongoing progress reporting to the Project Manager
- Effective use of a number of design tools and programming languages, across a variety of client projects
- Managing own tasks and time effectively to achieve the targets within the project plan
- A thorough and detailed approach to documentation, some of which will be used to develop regulatory submissions
- Commitment to work with a regulatory compliant quality management system
Qualifications and Skills
- A demonstrable passion for healthcare and medical products
- Good engineering degree (2:1 or above) including electronics content or similar
- Demonstrable skills in electronics design
- Understanding of the PCB design lifecycle of requirements, component research for BOM, schematic capture, layout, manufacture, assembly and test.
- Experience of working for a design consultancy or medical device manufacturer
- Medical device modules forming part of degree
- Experience of PCB design suite for instance Altium
- Interest in embedded software with experience of two or more of Python, C, C++, Java
- Electronics design examples
- Ability to see the big picture and context of the electronics within the overall system
Leadership / Consultancy Skills
- Structured and methodical problem solving
- Actively seeks to build on knowledge through exploiting training and networking opportunities
- Excellent communication skills across a variety of formats
- Commitment to quality
- Project management
- Ability to liaise with clients and suppliers, both technical and nontechnical
- Excellent analytical ability - data gathering, analysis and presentation of conclusions to the team
- Versatility to work effectively, on varied products across a range of clients, both independently and as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Enthusiastic with a positive outlook and an eagerness to learn new skills
- Self-sufficient and willing to take responsibility for own tasks
- Attention to detail
- Shows integrity and honesty at all times
- Respectful of others’ opinions and contributions
- Willingness to travel
- Aware of own limitations and knows when to ask for help
- Copes well with unexpected change, is flexible and calm under pressure
- Good team player and able to work collaboratively
Team values equality, diversity and inclusion in employment and recruitment. We are committed to promoting equal opportunities and an inclusive community, where our talented people respect and value the contributions, skills, and abilities of others.
We want our people to succeed on merit, treating individuals equally, including making decisions and providing encouragement and opportunities relating to recruitment, career development and retention in a fair and consistent manner.
Our aim is a workplace free from all forms of bullying, harassment or victimisation, and unlawful or unfair discrimination on the grounds of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, and marriage and civil partnerships.