IS THIS YOU?
A really useful person to have around…?
Keen to make a difference to people’s lives…?
….IF YOU CAN DESCRIBE YOURSELF LIKE THIS THEN KEEP ON READING AS WE MIGHT HAVE JUST THE JOB FOR YOU :-)
We are looking for an enthusiastic Innovation and Strategy Consultant to join our exciting and growing Front End Innovation (FEI) team.
Besides being generally awesome, you should be a team player who’s keen to hone and develop your skills working alongside our innovation specialists in the following areas:
- Workshop planning, preparation and facilitation
- Interviewing patients, healthcare professionals and key opinion leaders
- Researching markets and trends
- Technology scouting, landscaping and assessment
- Business development, marketing support and proposal writing
- Project co-ordination
If you have experience in some these areas, then that’s definitely a plus – we’d love to learn from the experiences that you bring to the table. But we realise it might be a big ask to have experience in all – so we expect to provide coaching to help you develop your skills across the board.
We believe it’s a really interesting and varied role, which provides the opportunity to work on a variety of exciting FEI projects and learn from an experienced team of innovation specialists in a company with extensive technical knowledge and healthcare sector experience.
To give you a flavour of the projects you’ll work on - here are some examples of what we’ve worked on in the last year:
- We explored opportunities to improve the patient experience of self-injection – by exploring challenges faced by patients and healthcare professionals, researching the competitive landscape, scouting and assessing available technologies and creating new concepts.
- We helped a client make a strategic decision on formulation and delivery device – a project that involved workshop facilitation, device landscaping and assessment, remote market research with patients and healthcare professionals.
- We found new opportunities for a client’s novel technology – combining our internal expertise, desk-based technical research, and interviews with Key Opinion Leaders.
Please see below for a more detailed Job Description.
Role and Responsibilities
As part of the FEI team, you will utilise your consulting experience, technical knowledge, research and analysis skills through activities such as:
- Technology Landscaping - secondary research to map, scout and assess enabling technologies and devices. You will help define requirements, profile and assess technologies and make recommendations for technologies to meet clients’ needs.
- Competitor/commercial analysis - secondary research into the commercial and competitor landscape e.g., competitor profiling, pipeline research and identifying commercial licensing and acquisition opportunities.
- Market insights research – Identifying, profiling and engaging Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs). Co-ordinating and participating in exploratory research with KOLs, patients, health care professionals and other key stakeholders, utilising a range of F2F and remote research tools. Analysis and reporting of findings in a clear and concise manner. Exploring and assessing new research tools.
- Co-ordination of project activities – including client liaison, supplier management, budget management, project logistics and administration – helping us comply with our internal processes and industry guidelines, regulations and directives.
- Business development support – supporting business development activities through contributions to marketing, proposals, project costing and planning.
- Workshop support – Support with setting up and preparing content for remote and F2F workshops
In this role there will be the opportunity to develop your skills in FEI, and your knowledge of the medical device industry across a wide range of exciting innovation programs - working closely with our experienced facilitators, innovation specialists and the other technical disciplines involved.
Qualifications and Skills
- 2.1 or higher degree, or equivalent qualification, in a relevant technical subject e.g., STEM, Design
- Previous experience in a medical/life-science focused analyst, insight research or technical role
- Experience and knowledge of the medical devices industry
- Experience in a client-facing consulting role
- Project co-ordination experience e.g., budget / progress tracking
- Foreign language skills
Leadership / Consultancy Skills
- Clear and concise communicator
- Open mind, ‘big picture’ thinker with a positive can-do attitude
- Motivated to build a broad knowledge base and skill-set
- Hard worker
- Collaborative and actively shares own knowledge
- Enthusiastic with a positive outlook and solutions focus
- Adaptable and pragmatic
- Self-sufficient and willing to take responsibility for own tasks
- Excellent attention to detail
- Aware of own limitations and knows when to ask for help
- Resilient and calm under pressure
- Shows integrity and honesty at all times
- Respectful of others’ opinions and contributions and is supportive of colleagues
Additional Role Requirements and Working Patterns
- Frequent travel both within the UK and overseas
Team values equality, diversity and inclusion in employment and recruitment. We are committed to promoting equal opportunities and an inclusive community, where our talented people respect and value the contributions, skills, and abilities of others.
We want our people to succeed on merit, treating individuals equally, including making decisions and providing encouragement and opportunities relating to recruitment, career development and retention in a fair and consistent manner.
Our aim is a workplace free from all forms of bullying, harassment or victimisation, and unlawful or unfair discrimination on the grounds of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, and marriage and civil partnerships.