Team Consulting is a world class consultancy developing medical devices, combination products and point-of-care systems for a diverse client base which ranges from start-ups to global pharmaceutical companies. Team also provides a range of other support services such as Human Factors studies and device testing programmes.
Team are currently expanding their capabilities to deliver an even broader range of services. To support the changing nature of work, we are seeking an Environment Health and Safety Advisor to support the EH&S function.
Being able to confidently and safely undertake project work is key to further enhancing our reputation, helping to underpin the commercial success of the business. The role of the EHS Advisor is therefore: to ensure that the company, all staff and all stakeholders comply with relevant EH&S regulations and policies; to develop and embed a regime that minimises risks and incidents; and, to promote safety.
Reporting to the Head of EH&S, the Advisor is responsible for:
- Implementing continuous improvement in Environment, Health and Safety and acting as the first point of call for all EHS matters across the business
- Participating in the EH&S team with representation from across the business
- Supporting the Project Management function and the Device Testing team with project health and safety risk assessment, COSHH assessment and laboratory working practices
- Regularly communicating EH&S best practice, deploying new initiatives and delivering training/induction as required
- Advising and guiding project managers on specific EH&S matters; and acting as an expert reviewer
- Supporting new enquiries so that proposals and planned projects adequately address EH&S in the proposed scope
- Conducting EH&S inspections and audits for projects and laboratories and associated reporting; and ensuring that any statutory reporting obligations are met
- Authoring key EHS documents, policies and procedures
Success in the role will require outstanding communication skills and proactive collaboration with colleagues from across the business, particularly with Project Managers, the Device Testing team and the Facilities team.
Qualifications and Skills
- BSc degree in a relevant subject such as engineering or science
- EH&S qualification, e.g.: NEBOSH
- Demonstrable experience in a health and safety advisory role
- Knowledge of applicable EH&S regulations
- Keeps up to date on EHS Legislation
- Experience in implementing and maintaining EH&S policies, plans, procedures and reporting methods
- Experience of working in a pharmaceutical and/or medical device development environment
- Expert risk assessor
- A track record of continuous personal development and staying current with legislative requirements
- BOHS, Certificate of Operational Competence in Occupational Hygiene,
- Crisis management experience
- Experience of working in a consulting environment
- Chartered membership
- of the Institution of Occupational Health and Safety or equivalent
- Project management – time management, task prioritisation, scoping, planning, delivering
- Stakeholder management (internal and external)
- Communicates with clarity and authority
- Able to take a firm line where needed and to make a judgement call
- Able to work independently
- Collaborative and actively shares own knowledge
- Curious and enthusiastic with a positive outlook
- Adaptable and pragmatic approach
- Self-sufficient and willing to take responsibility for own tasks and make decisions
- Excellent attention to detail
- Calm under pressure
- Always shows integrity and honesty
- Aware of own limitations and knows when to ask for help
- Willingness to travel occasionally
Role flexibility and working hours
- We believe this role is ideally worked full time due to the busy workload, however part-time working opportunities will be considered.
Team values equality, diversity and inclusion in employment and recruitment. We are committed to promoting equal opportunities and an inclusive community, where our talented people respect and value the contributions, skills and abilities of others.
We want our people to succeed on merit; treating individuals equally, including making decisions and providing encouragement and opportunities relating to recruitment, career development and retention in a fair and consistent manner.
Our aim is a workplace free from all forms of bullying, harassment or victimisation, and unlawful or unfair discrimination on the grounds of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, and marriage and civil partnerships.