Team Consulting is an employee-owned, award-winning device design and development consultancy. We focus solely on medical devices, supporting international clients from large pharmaceutical companies to start ups. As part of the electronics and software team, you will be working in our high-tech labs and workshop spaces set in our 13th Century barn in the Cambridge countryside.
Our clients come to us at all stages of medical device development. By combining our expertise and experience in design, engineering and human factors, we help our clients develop medical devices from early concept through to commercial launch.
As an Electronics Consultant, you will be responsible for the design and development of robust and innovative products for the healthcare industries from drug delivery to diagnostic devices.
Why you should join our growing Software and Electronics Engineering team:
“The great thing about working at Team Consulting is the variety of work, clients and the multidisciplinary nature of projects you get involved with. Sometimes you get to work in the early stages of the project or help the client with the manufacturing of the product. I find it most rewarding to see a product through the whole development cycle, from the initial concept stage through to industrialisation.” Stathis Louridas, Head of Electronics and Software, Team Consulting.
What you will be doing:
- Contributing to the whole product development lifecycle of medical devices, from early design to manufacture
- Understanding and capturing clients’ needs and translating them into practical product requirements
- Responsible for electronics design documentation including requirements capture, architecture & design and test protocols
- Keeping abreast of and applying new technology to medical systems
- Participating in Team's cross-discipline medical device product development projects e.g., brainstorms, risk assessments, design development, design testing, sale meetings and presentations
What we need from you:
- Good degree, 2:1 or above in Electronic Engineering or a relevant subject
- 5+ years’ experience and a track record in developing electronic hardware
- Low noise analogue circuit design
- Digital design for embedded applications
- PCB layout experience
- Design for electrical safety and EMC
- Effective working with external board manufacturing and assembly services
- Experience of using Altium 365/ Designer for schematic and PCB layout
- Experience of Verilog for FPGA development
- Experience developing medical devices
- Familiarity with ISO 13485 and IEC 60601
- Experience of working for a medical device development company or consultancy
In addition, you will need to be a self-starter, able to manage your own time and workload. You will have excellent communication skills and be able to build relationships with colleagues and contractors from across the organisation as well as clients and collaborators. You should also have excellent analytical ability, including data gathering, analysis and be able to confidently present conclusions to the team.
Team values equality, diversity and inclusion in employment and recruitment. We are committed to promoting equal opportunities and an inclusive community, where our talented people respect and value the contributions, skills and abilities of others.
We want our people to succeed on merit; treating individuals equally, including making decisions and providing encouragement and opportunities relating to recruitment, career development and retention in a fair and consistent manner.
Our aim is a workplace free from all forms of bullying, harassment or victimisation, and unlawful or unfair discrimination on the grounds of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, and marriage and civil partnerships.