Team Consulting is a successful and award-winning medical device consultancy, solving complex challenges for our clients and creating products that meet user needs.
We have recently expanded our Commercial team, including their international outreach. We are now looking for a highly driven individual to join as New Business Development Director at this exciting time for our business. The candidate will have the privilege of leading a team of experienced, sector-focused colleagues. They will drive Team’s efforts to connect with clients across the medical industry and help them develop a solution to complex healthcare challenges.
This is an opportunity for an experienced commercially focused leader to drive our sales and associated business development activities, bringing all colleagues on a journey to strengthen our commercial prospects. We are proud of our excellent reputation for high-quality work and the trusted relationships we have built with our clients over many years.
We are 100% medical focused with clients ranging from large pharmaceutical corporations to ground breaking start-ups. Bringing together experience across industrial design, the applied sciences, engineering and human factors, we develop devices at all stages of development, from early concept through to commercial launch. The high quality of our work underpins our reputation in the industry and our focus is to build long-term relationships with our clients. With expertise across drug delivery, medical technology, diagnostics, surgical and digital health, we help our clients deliver commercially successful, award-winning solutions that meet the needs of a highly regulated industry.
At Team, we work together to change lives for the better. From a system that keeps transplant livers alive to a connected brace for the treatment of children with club foot, the medical devices that we develop make a lasting positive impact.
Knowledge and experience
- experience building, developing and leading high-performing commercial teams.
- extensive experience of selling services, ideally within technical consulting or professional services organisations.
- track record in proactively identifying new leads and progressing them through to commercially successful sales.
- track record in managing and developing key accounts that result in repeat business.
- knowledge of the medical technology or pharma industry, and of technical product development, is highly desirable but we are open to candidates who have worked in relevant adjacent areas.
Skills, abilities and personal qualities
- exceptional communication skills, with the ability to build trusted, productive relationships internally and externally, and communicate with authority to a wide range of audiences.
- able to identify/recognise potential growth areas and encourage the organisation to develop new business.
- self-motivated and results oriented, able to set high standards for commercial performance.
- strategic thinker, with excellent commercial and business acumen.
- a confident and visible leader, inspiring colleagues and clients with care and passion for their work; leading by example.
- passionate about our clients and delivering best-in-class customer satisfaction.
- financially aware, always willing to balance potential sales with potential profit.
Team values equality, diversity and inclusion in employment and recruitment. We are committed to promoting equal opportunities and an inclusive community, where our talented people respect and value the contributions, skills, and abilities of others.
We welcome applications from any and all backgrounds.