Team is looking for a Consultant to join our Device Testing group, to work on a wide variety of medical and drug delivery devices. You will report to the Head of Device Testing and work with project teams to plan and deliver test work for our clients. You will work across a variety of projects from early-stage development through to formal design verification, ensuring that all test work is performed to the highest standard. As an expert in device testing, you will regularly report and present your work to clients.
- Plan and deliver test work for client projects, aligned with Team’s best practices.
- Author and review technical documents to ensure the highest quality deliverables to our clients.
- Support projects to work according to Team’s Quality Management System requirements for testing and data integrity.
- Interpret complex test requirements into a test solution
- Collaborate with project teams to develop test approaches, implement solutions, and deliver test programmes to successfully meet project needs.
- Identify the key resources - equipment, people, and facilities required for the projects’ needs.
- Contribute to technical investigations to identify root causes, and drive resolutions.
- Uphold health and safety procedures and guidelines for safe working with hazardous chemicals and pharmaceutical formulations.
- Become a knowledge champion for device testing and support change through driving improvements in best practices.
Qualifications and Skills
- Experience of planning, overseeing, and delivering a medical product testing programme
- Detailed knowledge of testing methodologies for mechanical functions of drug delivery devices
- Proficiency in the use of data analysis tools including statistical methods
- Track record in developing and implementing complex or novel testing methodologies
- Some working experience of ISO standards and industry guidance for medical device testing, including Design Verification
- Experience in working within a quality management system, following principles such as cGxP, ALCOA and data integrity
- A relevant science or engineering degree or equivalent experience
- Experience of contributing to risk management activities (e.g., FMEA)
- Working knowledge of test method and equipment verification and validation best practices (e.g., Gauge R&R, IQ/OQ/PQ, FAT, SAT)
- Experience of using Minitab statistical software
Leadership / Consultancy Skills
- Structured and methodical problem-solving abilities
- Excellent analytical ability, including data gathering and analysis.
- Clear, concise communication and presentation skills to technical and non-technical audiences, including clients
- Versatility to work diligently and effectively across several projects, both independently and as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Experience of working in a consulting environment
- Effective collaboration to improve best practices by proactively reviewing and challenging current practices
- Proactive and effective in managing own time, with the ability to work collaboratively as part of a team
- Conscientious and self-motivated, with an eagerness to teach and learn
- Methodical approach to tasks, with an eye for detail
- Dependable and calm under pressure
- Determination and dynamism to drive complex issues through to successful conclusion
- Respectful of others’ views, opinions, and contributions
- Displays honesty and integrity at all times
Additional Role Requirements and Working Patterns
- Onsite work required
Team values equality, diversity and inclusion in employment and recruitment. We are committed to promoting equal opportunities and an inclusive community, where our talented people respect and value the contributions, skills, and abilities of others.
We want our people to succeed on merit, treating individuals equally, including making decisions and providing encouragement and opportunities relating to recruitment, career development and retention in a fair and consistent manner.
Our aim is a workplace free from all forms of bullying, harassment or victimisation, and unlawful or unfair discrimination on the grounds of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, and marriage and civil partnerships.