Team Consulting is an employee-owned, award-winning device design and development consultancy. We focus solely on medical devices, supporting international clients from large pharmaceutical companies to start ups. As part of the engineering team, you will be working in our high-tech labs and workshop spaces which are set within our 17th Century barn in the Cambridge countryside, 5 mins from the M11.
Our clients come to us for all stages of medical device development. By combining our expertise and experience in design, engineering, and human factors, we help our clients develop medical devices from early concept through to commercial launch.
We are looking for a Mechanical Engineering Consultant to design devices for medium and high-volume manufacture, ideally in the medical device industry.
Why you should join our growing Mechanical Engineering team:
“Team Consulting is a fantastic place to work, every project has mechanical engineering at its heart. I think it’s great to have the medical focus and Team also brings a huge wealth of usability experience which plays a big part in developing successful products.” Matt Chandler, Head of Mechanical Engineering, Team Consulting
What you will be doing:
- leading on the design and development of robust, capable, and reliable medical devices
- participating in all aspects of medical device development as required by client projects, including brainstorming and prototyping
- getting involved in the detailed design, engineering analysis, industrialisation, risk analysis and testing
- attending client meetings and presenting your designs
Qualifications and Skills
What we need from you:
- significant experience and proven track record in device development, from concept to manufacture, in medical or other highly regulated product markets (e.g. automotive, aerospace, defence etc.)
- experience in the design of test rigs, mechanical systems and/or injection moulded components
- technical analysis and math modelling
- 3D and 2D CAD (SolidWorks)
- good degree in an engineering or product design discipline
Desirable but not essential:
- experience of design for high volume manufacturing (+1 million devices per annum)
- experience of working for a technical consultancy
- product life cycle management (including specification, verification, and validation)
Team values equality, diversity and inclusion in employment and recruitment. We are committed to promoting equal opportunities and an inclusive community, where our talented people respect and value the contributions, skills and abilities of others.
We want our people to succeed on merit; treating individuals equally, including making decisions and providing encouragement and opportunities relating to recruitment, career development and retention in a fair and consistent manner.
Our aim is a workplace free from all forms of bullying, harassment or victimisation, and unlawful or unfair discrimination on the grounds of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, and marriage and civil partnerships.