We are looking for an experienced medical device expert to lead our business development efforts.
This role is a key appointment in the commercial team reporting to the Commercial Director, with a focus on developing Team’s market presence and capability, in support of our varied sectors, including diagnostics, digital health, surgical, critical care and drug delivery.
Your objective will be to drive commercial activities, leveraging your own technical credibility and industry connections to build Team’s brand in your core area of expertise. It’s important that you have experience in Consulting / service success as an outcome of partnering with smart, capable, and engaged colleagues - supporting skills development through mentoring and sharing your knowledge.
You will be:
- Creating and implementing a strategic roadmap for the development of our service capability and presence within targeted medical sectors
- Collaboratively harnessing our expert knowledge, skills and track-record to profile Team with existing and potential new clients
- Driving and supporting the successful winning of new business
- Building and nurturing enduring relationships with clients
- Maintaining Team’s awareness of market dynamics to ensure strategic fit of Team’s services with current and future demand
- Developing and co-ordinating compelling dialogue with the market through the most effective channels
- Passionately representing all our device development capabilities as a balanced proposition to the market, leveraging input from our technical and marketing teams to position Team uppermost within client development plans
Qualifications and Skills
What we need from you:
- Experience of working at senior level within a medical device company, or technical consultancy
- A high level of technical and industry expertise and knowledge, with an industry profile e.g. conference speaking, papers, sector articles and evidence of applying these skills to complex mixed technology and / or connected system design programmes.
- Experience in the planning and execution of a compelling commercial strategy for growth, and a track-record of identifying and taking new service offerings to market
- Track-record in proactively identifying new leads and progressing them within a team to successful consultancy sales
- Experience of forming and managing teams to win large and / or complex bids
- Good regulatory and quality-based understanding in the management of medical device development (e.g. ISO 13485:2016)
- Experience of contract negotiation
- Experience of both marketing and direct selling of consulting services
Additional role requirements and working patterns
- Frequent travel both within the UK and overseas
- Open to part time applicants (minimum of 30 hours per week)
If you have experience and ambition to harness your technical consulting and commercial skills to fuel Team’s growing reputation to a global client base, then we would love to hear from you.
Team values equality, diversity and inclusion in employment and recruitment. We are committed to promoting equal opportunities and an inclusive community, where our talented people respect and value the contributions, skills, and abilities of others.
We want our people to succeed on merit, treating individuals equally, including making decisions and providing encouragement and opportunities relating to recruitment, career development and retention in a fair and consistent manner.
Our aim is a workplace free from all forms of bullying, harassment or victimisation, and unlawful or unfair discrimination on the grounds of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, and marriage and civil partnerships.