Team is looking for exceptional medical device experts to join our established and dynamic commercial team. Through collaboration, networking and bringing together of Team’s bright and motivated technical consultants, we are looking to further enhance Team’s presence within and beyond our established medical technology sectors.
You will be motivated by:
- Driving commercial activities, leveraging your own technical credibility and industry connections to build Team’s brand in your core area of expertise
- Consulting / service success as an outcome of partnership with smart, capable and engaged colleagues - Supporting skills development through mentoring and sharing of your domain knowledge
If you have experience and ambition to harness your technical consulting and commercial skills to fuel Team’s growing reputation to a global client base, then we would love to hear from you.
A more detailed job description is below. If you would like to explore this opportunity in more depth before applying, please get in touch with our HR team in the first instance, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
This Business Development role is a key appointment in the commercial team, reporting to the Commercial Director. With a focus on developing Team’s market presence and capability, in support of our varied sectors, including diagnostics, digital health, surgical, critical care and drug delivery. For a full list of our areas of expertise please see: https://www.team-consulting.com/expertise/
Responsibilities for building profitable business will include:
- Creating and implementing a strategic roadmap for the development of our service capability and presence within targeted medical sectors
- Collaboratively harnessing our expert knowledge, skills and track-record to profile Team with existing and potential new clients
- Driving and supporting the successful winning of new business
- Building and nurturing enduring relationships with clients
- Maintaining Team’s awareness of market dynamics to ensure strategic fit of Team’s services with current and future demand
- Developing and co-ordinating compelling dialogue with the market through the most effective channels
- Passionately representing all our device development capabilities as a balanced proposition to the market, leveraging input from our technical and marketing teams to position Team uppermost within client development plans
Critical to success in this role will be:
- Learning about Team, its people and its place within the market. Being able to identify and convey Team’s fit with accessible market sectors
- To tactfully stretch Team’s reach to complementary development areas and opportunities for medical devices
- To engage and work effectively with consultants and colleagues from across the business. There will be an expectation to remain close to the delivery of key projects, and central to the development of our key client accounts.
- The ability to spot opportunities to manage client accounts and to coach and motivate key Team staff in support of ongoing business objectives.
Qualifications and Skills
- Good Honours degree (2:1 or above) or equivalent, in a relevant technical discipline e.g. electronics engineering, applied science.
- Application of these technical skills to complex mixed technology and / or connected system design programmes.
- Experienced in the planning and execution of a compelling commercial strategy for growth, and a track-record of identifying and taking new service offerings to market
- Demonstrates a high level of technical and industry expertise and knowledge, with an industry profile e.g. conference speaking, papers, sector articles
- Track-record in proactively identifying new leads and progressing them within a team to successful consultancy sales
- Demonstrates the ability to introduce a cohesive picture of complex multi-disciplinary offerings to senior client representatives
- Experience of forming and managing teams to win large and / or complex bids
- Good commercial judgement and acumen
- Track-record of developing and sharing engaging sector knowhow to establish lasting market contact
- Track-record of maintaining and growing key accounts
- Good regulatory and quality-based understanding in the management of medical device development (e.g. ISO 13485:2016)
- Experience of working in life sciences or medical devices or technology sectors.
- Experience of contract negotiation
- Experience of both marketing and direct selling of consulting services
Leadership / Consultancy Skills
- Able to demonstrate and continually develop personal consulting skills
- Excellent listener who can identify and engage with client needs
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good at maintaining internal and external networks, to ensure input to sector relevant discussions
- Good client management and influencing skills, including the ability to manage timelines
- Excellent analytical and strategic thinking skills
- Able to lead, manage and influence people in a matrix organisation
- Extensive experience and demonstrable track record of multiple device developments within the medical device sector
- Team leadership and / or line management experience
- A confident, enthusiastic presenter who can think on their feet and respond to cues from their audience
- Confident, enthusiastic and engaging
- A good team player and knows the boundaries of own expertise – instinctively collaborative, proactively seeking the input of colleagues and keeping them informed
- Inspires trust and confidence of their peers
- Supportive of others, is self-aware, seeks feedback, and shows a deep desire to understand colleagues’ point of view
- Demonstrates honesty, integrity and creativity
- A self-starter who can manage their own time and workload and is able to prioritise and balance project responsibilities with business development and marketing activities
- Willingness to take responsibility and drive commercial activities
- Naturally inquisitive, to continuously learn and develop self, and colleagues’ capabilities. Pro-actively gaining awareness of industry technical, market and regulatory developments
Additional role requirements and working patterns
- Frequent travel both within the UK and overseas
- Open to part time applicants (minimum of 30 hours per week)
Team values equality, diversity and inclusion in employment and recruitment. We are committed to promoting equal opportunities and an inclusive community, where our talented people respect and value the contributions, skills, and abilities of others.
We want our people to succeed on merit, treating individuals equally, including making decisions and providing encouragement and opportunities relating to recruitment, career development and retention in a fair and consistent manner.
Our aim is a workplace free from all forms of bullying, harassment or victimisation, and unlawful or unfair discrimination on the grounds of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, and marriage and civil partnerships.