Team is looking for an Analytical Technician to join our Device Testing group, working on a wide variety of medical and drug delivery devices. You will report to our Device Testing Project Manager and work within internal project teams to provide testing expertise of medical devices. You will be a key user of Team’s test labs and workshops and will support the preparation of test documents.
- Mechanical and functional testing at all stages of the development process, from early concept through to formal verification. This typically includes physical and environmental stress conditioning, detailed inspections, physical dimensional measurements, force, and torque testing.
- Produce a consistently high standard of test work, analysis, and reporting in accordance with project quality requirements, e.g. test methods, test protocols and reports.
- Present findings to the project team.
- Support project teams in the delivery of testing milestones in device development.
- Follow and ensure adherence to cGxP standards, in accordance with Team's quality requirements.
- Follow health and safety procedures and guidelines for safe working with hazardous chemicals and pharmaceutical formulations.
Qualifications and Skills
- Extensive experience of following detailed protocols and delivering high quality test work
- Proficiency in recording, documenting, and reviewing test work independently
- Structured and methodical problem-solving approach
- Experience in working collaboratively within a multi-disciplinary team
- Ability to follow and uphold Health and Safety practices and policies, including handling pharmaceutical formulations and hazardous chemicals.
- Able to adapt to changing priorities
- Effective verbal and written communication skills within a multidisciplinary team environment
- Experience of working within a medical or drug delivery device product testing laboratory
- Experience of working within quality management systems for medical or drug delivery device products within a cGxP environment.
- Experience of test method development and validation
- Proven ability to deliver to tight deadlines
- Understanding and experience of applying the principles of data integrity
- A relevant degree or equivalent experience
Leadership / Consultancy Skills
- Effective verbal and written communication skills within a project environment, primarily to technical audiences
- Ability to critically review and challenge the status quo and provide alternative pathways for debate
- Experience of working in a consulting environment
- Conscientious and motivated, with an eagerness to continuously learn
- Methodical approach to tasks, with an eye for detail
- Dependable and calm under pressure
- Effective in managing own time, with the ability to work collaboratively as part of a team
- Approachable with the ability to work collaboratively as part of a team
- Respectful of others’ views, opinions, and contributions
Additional Role Requirements and Working Patterns
- Onsite work required
Team values equality, diversity and inclusion in employment and recruitment. We are committed to promoting equal opportunities and an inclusive community, where our talented people respect and value the contributions, skills, and abilities of others.
We want our people to succeed on merit, treating individuals equally, including making decisions and providing encouragement and opportunities relating to recruitment, career development and retention in a fair and consistent manner.
Our aim is a workplace free from all forms of bullying, harassment or victimisation, and unlawful or unfair discrimination on the grounds of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, and marriage and civil partnerships.