At Team Consulting, we use Skype for Business to conduct online meetings and conference calls. You do not need to have Skype for Business installed on your computer to join a conference call. Please take a look at the information below to help familiarise yourself with how to join us on a call.
If you already use Skype for Business (Lync):
- In your calendar invitation, open the invite and click the “Join Skype Meeting” link.
- Choose “Use Skype for Business (full audio and video experience)” when being asked how to Join Meeting Audio.
- You will be placed in a virtual lobby until a member from Team Consulting admits you into the meeting.
Access a Skype for Business meeting via your web browser:
- Please follow the instructions in your calendar invitation. When prompted, please ensure the “Install Skype for Business Web App plug-in” checkbox is selected:
Phone into a Skype for Business meeting:
- In your calendar invitation, open the invite and find the UK dial-in number (or click on “Find local number” if you are outside UK)
- Call the number and follow the instructions. You will be asked to enter the Conference ID, which can be found in the meeting invite.
Before and while attending online meetings, please make sure to follow best practices.
- Test that you can access the meeting (lobby) prior to the meeting itself
- Always arrive early as you would to any other meeting
- Test your headset and your microphone prior to a meeting to make sure it is installed
- A cabled connection is always better than a Wi-Fi connection. If possible, make sure to use a cabled connection.
- When in the meeting, always mute your audio by clicking the microphone button especially if you have a lot of background noise where you are.
If you have any difficulties with any of the instructions in this document, please contact our ICT department:
- Email: S4B.email@example.com
- Tel: +44 (0)1799 532700
If you have any further issues accessing the meeting, please contact the meeting arranger (or host) in the first instance.